Ok this could be a huge conspiracy theory, but hear me out.
- NFL Ref’s association says that for 85% of the replacement refs this was a second job.
- These “refs” also knew that this gig wasn’t gonna last forever.
- Many of these calls were SO BAD that one had to even wonder, have these guys ever even watched a football game before?
- As for the case in Green Bay…. This was a game changer, spread killer, and VIDEO evidence “verified” it was incorrect yet all of these part timers (except for one unflappable man) agreed on the wrong call.
- Vegas projected that 80% of the action was on GB and$250,000,000 changed hands because of that call world wide. That’s a quarter of a BILLION dollars, wrath of god money!!
You’re telling me that not even .0001% of that couldn’t have been kicked back, offered upfront, or families lives put in danger to a part time worker? Im probably not the best example, but if you think that if someone approached me at my part time job, that isn’t going to last much longer and offered me, lets sayyyy 250k, I’m not doin it…. you’re NUTS! That’s just me though, there are plenty of people with much stronger moral fabric then I have, but plenty doesn’t mean all. Food for thought. OMG I’m so getting whacked for this.
Which is my real name and I live in Canada 😉
Ok so heres the gist of it. The LFL yes the Lingerie Football League fired all of its refs because of poor calls and one of those refs now works for the NFL.
LFL Commission Mitch Mortazaer learned after the Green Bay debacle that one of the replacement refs on staff for the NFL, the 9 billion dollar industry known as the National Football League is now employing Craig Ochoa, a ref that was subsequently fired from the LGL for poor performance!!
“They were hurting our overall broadcast caliber,” Mortaza says. “And if it’s opening up our players for potential injury, those things raise red flags here. Is it hurting overall credibility? When either of those two things are compromised, it’s time to start thinking about parting ways.”
“The entire crew was released due to several poorly called games which included missed calls, poor judgment and poor presentation for broadcast,” Mortaza says.
Listen I’m all for people getting a second shot in life, but two things here the NFL needs to realize. 1. Like stated earlier, this is a 9 BILLION dollar industry and they are only 3 MILLION off on their disagreement. To put this into perspective $250, 000, 000 supposedly went to sportsbooks all over the world because of the blown call in the Green Bay game. 2. IF you are going to be this petty and jeopardize the credibility of such and industry lets dig a little deeper on the back ground checks before hiring the replacements.
Sad thing….how many of us are hoping to see more bad calls (not against our teams) this weekend cause it makes for good TV?!? OMG Goodell is a GENIUS!!!