Most people can only dream of living for 100 years, let alone fathering a child nearly a century after being born themselves. But that is apparently a reality today, as a 96-year-old Indian man claims to have fathered a child, his second in recent years.
Ramajit Raghav and his 52-year-old wife, Shakuntala Devi, reportedly gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Ranjeet, on Oct. 5, according to the Times of India.
Just two years ago, Raghav set the world record when he and Devi gave birth to their first son, Vikramajeet.
“I didn’t take any performance enhancers. … I just prayed to God to complete my family, either a boy or a girl,” Raghav told the paper.
Raghav tells The Sun that he credits his diet of butter, milk and almonds for his longevity, along with abstaining from drugs and alcohol. He also claims to have remained “mostly” celibate until meeting Devi 10 years ago.
For his part, Raghav doesn’t plan to set anymore paternal records.
“I have asked my wife to be sterilized now,” he said. “I don’t want more children, we can’t afford it.”
Ok first ewww.
Now all the things that stand out to me here.
- Ummmm this is his second in 2 years?
- His wife is half his age, literally.
- He used the phrase “performance enhancers?”
- Mostly Celibate? Again ewww.
- And my favorite – He’s asked his wife to be sterilized? You need to get sterilized you creepy old man, shes got another 50 years to live sucka.